Our Laboratory Sciences team is positioned to support your study through multiple ex-vivo analyses. These include automated clinical pathology sample analysis through more complex flow cytometry analysis. Our bioanalytical team will help develop and validate methods to effectively analyze your small or large molecules.
Biomere has extensive capabilities to support ex vivo or in vitro analytical needs. We will work with you to develop and qualify a variety of analytical methods, analyze and interpret flow cytometry data and complete clinical pathology in support of your in vivo studies.
Our team’s expertise with multiple models of disease in a variety of animal species works in parallel with their extensive experience aligning in vitro tools in support of in vivo studies.
Our Clinical Pathology lab supports in vitro analyses of your in vivo studies through testing of blood and other bodily fluids, tissues, and microscopic evaluation of individual cells. Our highly-trained medical technologists are ready to support the needs of your studies.
- Hematology and coagulation**
- Clinical biochemistry (including microsampling (<10ul))
- Bone marrow and bronchoalveolar sample staining/counts**
- Platelet function
- Cytology (CSF, BAL, etc.)
- Hemolytic studies
- Assay/Method qualification
*Performed by subcontractor
**Coagulation and Stain Counts performed by subcontractor
Our Tissue Culture lab supports in vitro analyses of your in vivo studies by performing tissue isolation, culturing of primary cells and cell lines for studies involving cell-based therapies, and performing cellular based assays.
Plaque Assay–Crystal Violet
Tissue/Cell Isolation and Culturing
- Tissue homogenization (GentleMACS Dissociator,GentleMACS Octo Dissociator with Heaters, MPBio FastPrep Homogenizer)
- Magnetic bead isolation (Stemcell and Miltenyi)
- Other cell isolations per request
- Primary cell culture (including human PBMCs)
- Cell line culture
Cellular Based Assays
- Transfection assays
- Cell viability, proliferation, and death assays
- Plaque assays and plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT)
- Neutralizing antibody (NAb) assay
- Fluorescent and luminescent cell-based assays
BIOMARKER AND BIOANALYTICAL
Our lab supports your in vivo work with a wide range of methods and platforms to analyze samples for key analytes and biomarkers. We look forward to partnering with you to customize the use of each platform to meet your research needs.
- Commercially available ELISAs
- Transfer of ELISA protocols in house
- Single and multiplex cytokine/biomarker analysis
- Custom panels
- Mouse, humanized mice, NHPs available – rat in progress
- Multi color flow cytometry capabilities with a potential of up to 16 colors
- Surface and intracellular markers
- Receptor occupancy
- Intracellular cytokine staining (ICS)
- Cell stimulation
- Cell sorting*
- Data analysis
*3rd party contract
Example Flow Cytometry Gating Strategy
In this example gating strategy, we are able to identify the frequency of NK cells and B cells using multi-color flow cytometry. Our scientific team is ready to work with you to help build the optimal flow cytometry panel to meet your needs.
PK/PD, PK/TK for large and small molecules in biofluid and tissues
- Exposure analysis
- Detection and qualification of trace metal/metals in tissues
- Bioequivalence (BE) / bioavailability (BA)
- RNA and DNA extraction from biofluid and various tissues
- qPCR and RT-PCR
- Protein extraction from tissues
*3rd Party contract