HSV-2 INFECTION MODELS
- Intravaginal inoculation of HSV-2 virus to monitor morbidity (clinical score & body weight loss), mortality and viral load during primary and recurrent phases in both female mice and guinea pigs**
- HSV-2 infection model in male guinea pig
- Evaluate systemic and mucosal immune responses and protection
- Investigate latency and recurrence using clinical scores
LCMV INFECTION MODELS
- LCMV Clone 13: Chronic viral infection model used to study T cell exhaustion
- LCMV Armstrong: Acute viral infection model used to study immune responses
- Evaluation of viral titers through plaque assay
- Evaluation of pathogen-specific T cells using multi-color flow cytometry
HISTORICAL INFECTION MODELS
- Influenza A/PR8 (H1N1)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)
- ABSL-2+ facilities for small animal studies
- ABSL-2 facilities for large animal studies
- Humanized mouse models available
- Customized virus infection models for clients
A mucosal vaccination approach for herpes simplex virus type 2.
KTirabassi, R.S., Ace, C., Levchenko, T.S., Torchilin, V.P., Selin, L.K., Nie, S., Guberski, D.L., Yang, K. Vaccine 29 (2011) 1090-1098.
Mucosal vaccines against respiratory syncytial virus
Kejian Yang and Steven M Varga; Current Opinion in Virology 2014, 6:78–84.